Many companies state that their biggest challenge in hiring new staff is a real shortage of skilled and experienced people. In fact, Jobvite released a report recently that found that over 65% of employers said that this was their biggest issue when recruiting and filling vacancies.
Jobs in specialised industries such as medical, IT, engineering and digital are particularly hard to fill with suitable candidates. It can take an enormous amount of an employer’s time to go through the entire process. This includes:
– understanding salary benchmarking so that you are competitive and can attract the best staff
– writing a job description that is accurate and properly reflects the tasks and expectations for the new hire.
– creating a compelling advertisement for the job so that it stands out above the rest. In competitive industries, your ad needs to show the reasons why a person would want to work for your company over the competition.
– vetting candidate resumes and applications.
– interviewing short listed candidates and create another short list.
– interview final group of candidates and make an offer
– have a full onboarding process including letter of offer, contract, training, probationary period.
Using a recruitment agency allows you to hand these very time consuming tasks over to an expert. A recruiter not only has networks of candidates that are looking for new positions, but they are able to easily set up a system to run the entire hiring process for you.
Some reasons why a professional employment agency will help your hiring experience:
– They have access to a specialised network: Highly qualified candidates in the IT/technology niche can be very difficult to reach through traditional job boards or advertisements. Staffing agencies have a wide reach in terms of network and they maintain an updated database of experienced, hard-to-find professionals. This includes those who are not actively looking for work but interested in job opportunities that boost their career.
Through their years of involvement and networking in the employment field, they can match your company with the perfect candidate quickly.
– Technical know-how: Your in-house HR department might not have the practical knowledge of the required technologies, tools, and applications that are crucial for determining the right fit for a specialised job opening. Professional agencies work with experienced industry trained recruiters who are well-versed with the relevant coding languages, tech platforms, and advanced tools that might be required for a particular position. Such recruiters can analyse an applicant’s technical prowess better and more successfully identify the ones most suited for your companys job requirement.
– Maximum reach: In the IT sector, job changes can happen fast. This is largely because of the growing opportunities in this niche. Recruiters monitor new profiles regularly and can even reach out to candidates who are in the passive state, i.e., open to new opportunities but not actively looking for a change. Reaching out to such professionals can get you access to the best talent in the market, so you can find the right fit for your company’s IT needs.
– Temporary or Full-time roles: Industries such as information technology are dynamic and have high turnover. Some jobs are project based and this is why many companies need IT experts on a freelance (consultant) or temporary basis. It could be for a client-site requirement or development of a specific application for a larger project. Whatever your reason, finding skilled temp workers is challenging. Working with a staffing firm allows you to find such profiles quickly as they have a dedicated database of technology experts who can help you with your project-based needs.
– Access to market data: If you are looking to hire IT professionals, you should know that this is an increasingly talent-driven market. Therefore, if you are not offering competitive wages then you can miss out on having the brightest professionals work for you. Recruitment agencies have exclusive insights into the job market including salary benchmarks for every niche. They can help you determine the right remuneration for your scope of work, so you can get the top talent on-board.
Employee recruitment is not just about filling in a vacant position at your office but finding candidates who have the right skills, can merge with your company culture and perform as expected. Partnering with recruitment constulants and experts can ease this stress for you and help you pick the best talent quickly and cost-effectively.